Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacist
40 hours per week
Basic Function and Responsibility
To provide ambulatory clinical pharmacy services (disease management and comprehensive medication review) under a collaborative practice agreement at ambulatory care sites to support Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) practices to address medication concerns and barriers to treatment for patients with identified chronic health conditions.
Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, physicians and staff. Individual must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse population. Candidates must be able to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in a fast‐paced environment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide pharmaceutical care by: participating in patient care with the medical staff during outpatient clinic visits; designing, implementing and monitoring patient‐specific pharmacotherapy; promoting safe, evidence‐based, and cost‐effective use of drug therapy; developing and fostering positive collaboration with providers and clinic staff; documenting pharmaceutical care activities and outcomes.
• Build clinical services within the ambulatory care site.
• Assist in the development and implementation of quality improvement processes to monitor the effectiveness and quality of pharmacists’ services.
• Conduct or participate in drug use projects, cost reduction/management initiatives, and quality improvement activities consistent with the physician organization objectives.
• Assist in covering the Centralized Pharmacist Transition of Care Service, which includes performing a medication history and reconciliation, and comprehensive medication review post-discharge, then sharing identified recommendations to the care team.
• Participate as a trained care team member at their respective PCMH-eligible ambulatory care clinic sites.
Other responsibilities will include attending collaborative‐wide meetings and sub‐group meetings as a representative of the organization and acting as a resource regarding the collaborative within the institution.
• A Doctor of Pharmacy degree with a certificate of completion from a PGY-1 general practice residency.
• Experience in ambulatory care clinical pharmacy practice
• Licensure as a Pharmacist by the State of Michigan
• Possession of a state-controlled substance license is necessary
• A certificate of completion from a PGY-2 residency in ambulatory care is preferred, however a PGY-1 residency focused in ambulatory care may be acceptable
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate clinical care ideas across multiple patient care services and to communicate effectively as a patient advocate
• Demonstrates a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to diversity with a commitment to service excellence and Patient Family Centered Care
• Ability to work with patients via telephone, video, as well as in person
For additional information or to submit a resume, please email Melissa Kirshner at firstname.lastname@example.org.